Portable truck scales can be delivered to timber felling operations to mines, then moved from one site to another and used to weigh sites nearly anywhere. Here’s how it all works.
What Is a Portable Truck Scale?
Portable truck scales are not what you might think of when thinking about portable things. You can’t pick them up and take them with you. Not literally, anyway.
But they are truck scales designed in modules and segments that can be transported relatively quickly and can be assembled nearly anywhere you have a flat, stable area that can support the weight of the scale and the truck.
Assembly only takes two to four hours, so it doesn’t take long to get everything set up and ready to go.
How Do Portable Truck Scales Work?
You don’t have to be an engineer to understand that when you drive heavy vehicles over anything, there’s a lot of pressure on that thing. When that item happens to be a high tech scale with carefully calibrated Weigh Bar weight sensors and other complex electronics built into them, you’ve got even less room for error.
Portable truck scales have to be designed and manufactured so carefully. There’s no margin for error, and everything needs to fit together precisely to make it all work. Some of the technology that is built into these scales to make that work includes:
- Carefully designed and engineered sandwiched steel surfaces for maximum strength to weight ratio
- Structural steel framework with continuous welds for rigidity and to provide an effective moisture seal
- Sheathed stainless steel Weigh Bar cable that is easy to connect and incredibly durable under all conditions
- A clever design that can easily be converted from a portable unit to a permanent fixture
- They can be very carefully calibrated, and Worcester Scale offers a calibration service
This scale is designed to do everything a permanent truck scale can do, wherever you need it.
What Important Numbers Should You Know?
If you’re looking for a portable truck scale, there’s a good chance you’re looking for some facts, figures, and specifications, so here are a few you should know:
- This portable truck scale is low profile – measuring only 19 inches high
- It can handle up to 90,000lbs dual axle rating, and has a concentrated load capacity of 45 tons
- It can operate at any temperature between -30 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit
- There are several models, with options of 10’, 11’ or 19’ wide models – so you can accommodate nearly any vehicle you need to weigh
There are many reasons you might need to weigh vehicles, and many places you might need to do it. Often, this is a pre-emptive measure, to avoid costly fines and penalties. Whatever your reason though, you don’t have to wait a long time or do a lot of preparation to install portable truck scales.
It’s the most flexible vehicle weighing option out there and well worth considering.